Saturday, January 23, 2010

OVERDUE: Christmas

It has been quite a while since I last posted and I have a back log of pictures…so here goes. I surprised my family in Germany with a Christmas visit…they had no idea I was coming. Europe greeted me with a frosty snow glaze and freezing temperatures…. A dramatic change from the dusty dry savanna plains of Karamoja. It was great time; relaxing and over-eating (I gained 10lbs in the 2 weeks I was back). Most afternoons, I would take a stroll with the fam through the farm fields until the sun set lazily behind the black forest. I think it was the first time in the last year that I did not think about work. Before coming to Germany, I did not realize the conscious and unconscious weight of work on my mind. Although Christmas was great, Kristi was unfortunately not with me as she had gone the US. I missed her terribly and coming back to Karamoja, I’ve really appreciated the fact that we work together and get to spend so much time together.



















1 comment:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Awesome photos my love, so glad Germany was so fun, but I also missed you terribly...