Thursday, April 29, 2010

Au Revoir Karamoja

After 14 months in the wilderness, I have emerged. Slightly smaller than before and a bit more confused. Karamoja has managed to intertwine its gritty nature into the far reaches of my heart. I will never forget the colorful people, barren landscapes, food grabbing and great friends. Kristi and I had an amazing time albeit it challenging at times. Up next is an eating tour of Pensacola and then on to Haiti where i will be managing another food program. Our plan is tentatively to come back for grad school in August at either Georgia Tech or UC Berkeley. Below are some pictures of my favorite places/people in Karamoja.

Camp Swahili slum in Moroto
Home...?
Ruco the Kjong version
Our local shell fuel station
Samaritan's Purse Office Moroto
Team Karamoja - Food Staff
The big house. WFP warehouses in Moroto full of food.
The drive home
Welcome to Moroto. This is the 1 mile strip of pavement in the entire region.