Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Adieu California


It feels as if it was just yesterday that I was driving on the road from Kampala to Mbale when Kristi and I received the news that I had been accepted to UC-Berkeley. We were so excited about the prospect of moving to California and getting to experience the bay area. Now more than 2 years later I’m putting on a graduation gown and we are packing up our Uhaul to head back to Florida. It’s all over and I almost cannot believe that it has gone by this fast. Reflecting back on all the friendships we made, the foods we ate, the road trips we took and the experiences we had; it was an incredible time which will leave an indelible footprint on our memories. Since no one is interested in reading my top 1000 highlights of the last 2 years, I’ll stick to the top 10.
  1. Napa and Sonoma Valley road trips
  2. Farmer Browns
  3. A never ending supply of “street drama”
  4. Saturday morning breakfasts – shout outs to Rudy’s Can’t Fail Café, Lynn and Lu’s, Rick and Ann’s,
  5. Café Strada
  6. Camping on top of a foot of snow in Yosemite
  7. Weekend road trip to LA to eat at blu jam café
  8. Sitting in a field of flowers eating a brie sandwich
  9. Gerald, my route 65 bus driver
  10. Sunsets over the bay from Grizzly Peak Blvd
 











No comments: